There are quite a lot of benefits of eating raw eggs for bodybuilding for both men and women. Those are not even much unknown these days.
Aspiring bodybuilders tend to undergo a strict diet plan along with their super tough workout routine. The diet plan plays a crucial role in the way for bodybuilding.
Raw eggs are usually there in the diet plan.
Here, we will discuss the tips regarding eating raw eggs, their calorie count, nutrition facts, the beneficial aspects, and the probable side effects of eating raw eggs.
Let’s take a look.
Benefits of eating raw eggs for bodybuilding
Benefits of eating raw eggs for bodybuilding are huge. Mostly because they provide instant protein.
Aspiring and established bodybuilders and athletes tend to have a liking for raw eggs. That is because they are the people who get the most benefits from consuming raw eggs. Here go the amazing beneficial sides of eating raw eggs-
- The high amount of protein that raw eggs contain helps to gain muscle faster. This is way too helpful for both the aspiring and the established bodybuilders.
- The fact that raw eggs help the bones and teeth to get stronger is another benefit for bodybuilders. Bodybuilding and athletics are tiring and hard-working jobs that can get one injured at times. Having strong bones in those situations can be an upper hand.
- Not to mention that the choline found in raw eggs helps one to have better reflections and muscle movements which is an absolute blessing for any athlete or bodybuilder.
- And surely, the fact that raw eggs help heart health is another benefit. A strong heart can give one the best blood circulation which is a total bias!
- How to gain weight naturally for skinny people | A to Z guidelines.
- Why do bodybuilders tan their bodies?
- What is Gear in Bodybuilding? Types, Use, Effects & more.
- Why Do Bodybuilders Eat Raw Eggs?
- What Is Bamboo Salt Used For?
Tips on eating raw eggs
Not a lot of people can handle eating raw eggs, especially if you’re a newbie. But regardless of whether you are a newbie or not, you seriously need to follow some instructions to eat or drink raw eggs. Let’s take a peek at them-
- Don’t eat the eggs which were stored outside. The fresh eggs or the ones that were stored in the refrigerator are safer. This is because eggs are easy to come in contact with bacteria.
- After you break the eggs, eat them immediately. Don’t wait. Don’t store it in the refrigerator to eat later either. Eggs in their raw form are vulnerable to bacteria contact.
- Don’t overeat raw eggs. Even though they give you faster proteins that help you gain muscles faster, they can cause digestive troubles at times.
- Some people feel like throwing up if they try to eat raw eggs. There is a simple tip for those, drink protein shakes made from raw eggs instead. You’ll still get the same amount and varieties of nutrients. Mayonnaise is another great option to consume raw eggs without feeling uneasy.
Learn: What is celery stalk– nutritions, health benefits, & probable cons.
Calorie count of raw eggs
Raw eggs contain more calories than cooked ones. And then, the calorie count depends on the size of the egg as well.
But to count it on average, a medium-sized raw egg contains about 72 calories, 6 grams of which are protein.
That’s right, unlike most high-calorie foods, raw eggs provide more protein than carbs.
And as mentioned above, the size might change the number of calories. That’s a fact because one big raw egg contains about 90 calories.
The amount is excessive, isn’t it?
Also read: Why do bodybuilders tan their bodies?
– The most abundant sources of carbohydrates are easy to find.
Nutrition values of raw eggs
To build a bulky yet toned and ripped body takes more than just calories. You will surely need a lot of nutrition elements to help your bulky, toned body to get the necessary amount of fuel. As you will be working out hard, you will need a variety of nutrition elements that will help you keep moving forward.
Let’s take a look at the nutrition values raw eggs have to offer.
- One standard-sized raw egg can provide you with more than 6 grams of protein. This excessively high amount of protein helps your muscles to grow in a good way for we all know, to build a body, you need to grow some muscles.
- The number of carbs that raw eggs contain is not that excessive. Only 0.6 grams per egg, pretty low. The amount is good enough to give some fuel to your body, low enough to prevent you from getting fat. Quite ideal, isn’t it?
- Vitamin A is a crucial element for a healthy body. This very vitamin helps eyesight and skin, we all know that. But, did you ever know that vitamin A helps your bones as well? If you didn’t, you do now. Raw eggs contain a quality amount of vitamin A, which helps aspiring bodybuilders.
- We all know that vitamin D strengthens the bones. For a bodybuilder, strong bones are just as important as strong muscles. For, without a strong bone structure, one might never get a good body shape and could get hurt in their way of bodybuilding. Raw eggs contain a huge amount of vitamin D in egg white. Consuming raw eggs can surely get you good bones!
- The white portion of raw eggs contains an excessive amount of calcium as well. To be more accurate, one medium-sized raw egg contains 28 mg of calcium. The amount is quite huge, right? And, this particular mineral is also helpful to strengthen bones as well as teeth.
- One medium-sized raw egg can provide you with 62 mg of potassium. About this mineral, they help both the nervous system and the muscle system of the human body. This means, getting the proper amount of potassium helps an aspiring bodybuilder to achieve the dream body with amazing reflexes!
- Just one raw egg can provide you with 147 mg of choline! Not many people know about choline, so here it goes- choline is not any kind of vitamin, they are not any mineral either. They are just a kind of organic compound that is an important nutrient for the human body. You might wonder about their job. Well, they do a bunch of work to keep your body fit and healthy. The most important of those is, that choline helps your heart. And we all know that a good athlete needs to have a strong heart. Raw eggs can surely give you that strong heart that your heart wants!
- Cobalamin is a special form of vitamin B. Their main job is to turn the carbs inside your body into energy. In other words, if your body is a car, cobalamin is gasoline. Raw eggs contain a high amount of cobalamin. Which is to be said, consuming raw eggs helps you by increasing your stamina as well. This is a reason why athletes are so fond of raw eggs. Stamina matters!
Probable side effects of eating raw eggs
There are some risks to eating raw eggs. They are-
- The biggest risk to eating raw eggs is that they’re way too easy to get in contact with bacteria. This risk is even higher if the egg contains salmonella. Getting in touch with salmonella can lead to diarrhea, fever, and an upset stomach.
- Also, the egg yolk is dangerous for people with diabetes and people with high blood pressure or any other heart disease.
- And, some people are allergic to eggs. Eating raw eggs can cause rashes or asthma.
Yes, consuming raw eggs can put you at risk of exposure to bacteria such as salmonella, which can lead to diarrhea, fever, and other gastrointestinal symptoms.
Individuals with diabetes or high blood pressure may also be at increased risk of complications from raw egg consumption.
Additionally, some people may be allergic to raw eggs and may experience symptoms such as rashes or asthma.
To reduce your risk of exposure to harmful bacteria when eating raw eggs, it is important to purchase high-quality eggs from reputable sources, and to handle them with care.
You may also want to consider cooking the eggs or using pasteurized eggs when you consume raw eggs.
Additionally, people with specific dietary restrictions, such as those with diabetes or high blood pressure, should talk to their doctor before consuming raw eggs.
Yes, there are several other foods that are high in nutrition, including protein, calcium, potassium, choline, vitamin B12, and iron.
Some examples of these include nuts and seeds, leafy green vegetables, dairy products like yogurt and cheese, and fish like salmon or tuna.
Additionally, there are fortified foods and supplements that can help you meet your nutritional needs if consuming raw eggs is not an option for you.
So, there were benefits of eating raw eggs for both men and women. We hope for the best for our readers, hence we explained the calorie count, nutrients, the tips to eat, and even the probable risks to eating raw eggs as well.
Even then, for any sort of uncomfortable situation, we recommend contacting a doctor in person.